I think we have been on a pizza kick lately. The other day I posted my Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza and now I am posting this. I don't think I see weight loss coming anytime soon! That's ok... I'll just be fat and happy :p
My grandma brought me a recipe very similar to this for my father's birthday dinner. I LOVED it! I tweeked it and it was a huge success with my toddlers.
My girls are my worst critics. They are picky and hardly ever eat anything except chicken nuggets, corn dogs, and mac and cheese. I usually ask them "Is it good?" about five minutes into dinner and they don't ever have a problem telling me "NO". I didn't hear any "NO's" on this dish. Matter of fact, I didn't hear any talking at all! They ate it all! YIPPEE!
This pasta is incredibly easy to make unless you get fancy and decide to make your own pasta sauce. It takes 30 minutes to prepare....
30 minutes to bake.....
and 5 minutes to devour :)
Oh and by the way... This recipe makes ALOT!! I made two 9x13's. One we ate for dinner and the other I stuck in the freezer for a rainy day. I love big recipes that surprise me and give me an extra meal.
Pizza Pasta Recipe:
2 lb hamburger
2 c sausage - I used Jimmy Dean
2 boxes of noodles - any shape or size. You can even mix different ones together
1 minced green pepper
1 minced onion
1 container fresh sliced mushrooms
1 pack pepperoni
4 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
2 c parmesan cheese
1 large jar Prego pasta sauce
1 large can pizza sauce
Makes 2 9x13 dishes.
1) Brown the sausage until done. Drain and crumble. Set aside.
( Do not cook with the hamburger. I did this and it became too greasy.)
2) Brown the hamburger in a large skillet with green pepper and onion. Drain and add to a large pot.
3) In the large pot with the hamburger, add the sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, and both sauces.
Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4) Meanwhile have your noodles boiling in a seperate pot. Drain when done.
5) In the 9x13 dish add noodles. Layer the sauce mixture on top. Finish off with cheeses.
I layered mozzerella, then extra pepperonis and mushrooms, then a layer of parmesan.
6) Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes on 350.