HOMETITLE Recipe Crafts Mommy Time Image Map

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Watergate Salad #SundaySupper



This Sunday Supper is all about Spring!  I love spring!  It is my favorite season!  Out with the cold weather and in with the warm!

When I think of spring I think of flowers, baby birds, Easter, trees full of green again, and of course St. Patrick's day!  I do not really know much about St. Patrick's Day other than everything is supposed to be green.  It was always fun growing up trying to plan my outfits to make sure I was to never be pinched!  Now that I am a housewife with nowhere to go, my food has to be the same way.  I want green, delicious, and creative ideas for St. Patrick's day dinner.

When I was trying to come up with green food ideas the first thought I had was Watergate Salad "green stuff".  I was introduced to this a few years ago and LOVED it!  It a sweet chilled dessert, perfect for cookouts, and SUPER easy to make.  Plus it has my favorite ingredients...marshmallows and cool whip! MMMM!


This "green stuff" is delicious!  I have been trying to get my husband to try it but since it has pineapple he refuses :( I froze it and made it into ice cream (his favorite thing) so maybe now I have a chance ! I'll let you know how it goes! 



Watergate Salad:

1 - 3.4 oz package of JELLO Pistachio Pudding mix
1 - 8 oz package of Cool Whip
1 cup nuts.  I used walnuts.
1 can of crushed pineapple.  Do not drain!
1 cup of coconut
1/2 of a bag of mini marshmallows

Mix the pudding mix very well with the package of Cool Whip.


Add pineapples, nuts, coconut, and marshmallows.

Refrigerate for at least an hour.  If you want the salad in ice cream form just freeze in the freezer for a few hours.

Enjoy!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!



#SundaySupper Spring Recipes

SS
The warm weather is creeping in (did you smile, I sure did!) and our first day of Spring, March 20th, is right around the corner! Let’s warm up around the table with our friends from our #SundaySupper team and share delicious spring time recipes! Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day green, green food or spring inspired, our group sure has a menu to please your taste buds!
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
Breakfast
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
Main and Sides:
Desserts:
Beverages:
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper  live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us throughTweetChat!





15 comments:

  1. My wife loves Watergate salad! I can't wait to make her some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always called this Green Fluff lol I had no idea it has a real name. But, it really does take me back to Spring and Summer cook-outs. Super easy and Yum! I love that you turned yours into ice cream. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it was popular around the "Watergate/ Nixon" time. I love it though! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I haven't had Watergate salad in forever but it's delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a guilty pleasure, that reminds me so much of my Oma. She used to make this all the time at the holidays. I miss her so much. I haven't had this in years and years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. I am glad I could remind you of her :) Now you will have to make some too!

      Delete
  5. Mmmmm....I'd love this on our Easter table! Scrumptious salad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of watergate salad but never really paid attention to what it is. Had I know it was all these yummy ingredients maybe I would have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a pistachio or "whip" fan but I know some who swear by this on picnic tables!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmm marshmallows and cool whip! Love it! I can't wait to try this recipe soon! Freezing it into ice cream is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you posted this!! Someone made it for my sister's wedding shower 6 years ago and everyone asked for the recipe... I had no idea who made it or what to give them! Now I can send them here. You'll be making a lot of people happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm...this would be such an indulgent, delicious, guilty pleasure! Great idea freezing it and turning it into a faux ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never of Watergate Salad, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete