HOMETITLE Recipe Crafts Mommy Time Image Map

Friday, March 1, 2013

Pina Colada Cake



I LOVE the beach!  Anything warm and tropical makes me happy! Including things that remind me of being at the beach...such as coconuts, pineapple, and pina coladas!

My husband is the exact opposite!  He hates the beach, hates pineapple, and really hates coconut!
Usually we argue about who is crazier, but on this cake... I don't argue.  Why?  Because I am happy with not having to share :-)

My cousin introduced me to this cake when I was really little and I haven't had it since!  It has really been weighing on my mind for years, so I decided to recreate it my way....and MMMM!  It was good!

It's full of coconut flavor, pineapple, and cool whip.  If your feeling frisky...you can even add in some coconut rum :-)  I would have totally done that if I didn't have to share with my 1 year old!



Pina Coloada Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix (or your own made from scratch kind)
8 oz cool whip
1 can crushed pineapple
1 bottle cream of coconut
1 bag shredded coconut
coconut rum (optional)

Make yellow cake mix according to box and bake in a 13 x 9 pan.

When it is done, poke holes in cake and pour bottle of cream of coconut on top.  If you are using rum, now would be when you would sprinkle a few tablespoons on top of the cake.

Let the cake cool.  As it cools, the cream of coconut will soak through cake (making it really moist!)

When the cake is cooled spread coconut all over the top.  I only used half a bag but you can use the entire thing if you like.

Next, I spread cool whip on top of the coconut layer.

Evenly distribute the crushed pineapple on top of the cool whip.

Now sit back, eat your cake, and pretend you're in paradise!

















1 comment: