HOMETITLE Recipe Crafts Mommy Time Image Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo





Chicken Alfredo is one of my husband's favorite meals!  He orders it almost every time we go out for Italian food. 

I have only made Alfredo for him twice since we have been married.  Both for special occasions. Usually when we decide to eat Italian I make lasagna, stuffed shells, or spaghetti.  

I'm not sure why I haven't made it a lot more.  It is a very easy, fast, and versatile dish.  Which is perfect for me having two fussy babies come dinner time!  I guess it is just one of those dishes you like to keep special.  You know the ones.  You don't want to over do it because then it wouldn't be as special!  Like turkey for Thanksgiving :)

This time I made this dish for Valentines dinner and it was a big hit!  I'm not even that big on Alfredo but this was pretty delicious!

All you need is:



2 chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c + 1 tbsp butter
3/4 c milk
4 cloves garlic
1 c parmesan cheese (grated)
16 oz fettucini noodles
6 oz sliced fresh mushrooms


- Boil the chicken until done.  Cut into small chunks and set aside.

- Saute the mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter and 2 cloves minced garlic. Set aside.

-  Boil the fettucini

-  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt and stir 1/2 c butter, cream cheese, milk, parmesan cheese and 2 cloves minced garlic until thick and creamy.  Add chicken and mushrooms.

-  Toss the noodles with the sauce, serve, and enjoy :)






1 comment: