HOMETITLE Recipe Crafts Mommy Time Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Layer Pie




Before my husband and I lived together, he hated sweets.  He hated them so much he would not even try them!  I couldn't believe I married someone that didn't even like cookies!  Here I am a total chocoholic, sweet tooth, crazed cupcake fanatic!

However, I won him over to the dark side with this pie recipe I found on the Kraft site!  WOOHOO go me!  Not only is this a very very easy dessert to make, but it's loaded with cookies, chocolate, AND whip cream!  What can get any more sweeter than that?  




After making this pie, my husband was making me make it for everyone in the family.  We lived in Jacksonville so family would often drive to visit for the weekend.  His father is on a gluten free diet so before they would come down I would go crazy trying to think of food recipes without gluten.  It seemed that everything I thought of had some little part of gluten..even this pie. 
I had an idea! What about gluten free chocolate cookies instead of Oreos?  Yes, that's right...they do have them!  The pie was a huge hit for the in laws!  One of their favorites, and nothing is better than having your in laws rave about your food :)








Triple Chocolate Layer Pie:
1 package Glutino Vanilla Creme Cookies
1/4 c melted butter
2 small packages Jello chocolate instant pudding
2 c cold milk
1- 8 oz tub of cool whip divided in half
-  Finely crush 24 oreos until they are a create a fine powder texture like the above picture.


-  Mix with butter until all of crushed cookies are covered and then press them onto the bottom of a pie
    plate.

-  In a large bowl, beat pudding and milk with a whisk for about 2 minutes or until the pudding is very thick.

-  Spoon half of the pudding onto the pie crust and even out with a spoon.

-  Mix half of the cool whip with the rest of the pudding and it will create a mousse.  Spoon this over the
    pudding layer in the pie plate and even out with a spoon.

-  Top off the pie with the remaining cool whip and top with any remaining cookies.

-  Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.




OPTION:  1)  If you do not want gluten free, use Oreo's.
                 2)  If you do not want a whole pie you can use 1 c milk and 1 pk pudding.  Layer into glasses to 
                      make a trifle and just top with cookies instead of making a crust.

 









1 comment:

  1. Thomas will LOVE this! My brothers g/f will also love this. She's gluten free now so I'm always looking for good recipes for her!

    ReplyDelete